Childnet is encouraging schools and youth organisations across the UK to enter their Film Competition, which showcases the positive and inspiring use of the internet.
The competition offers three themes about young people’s digital lives:
- A good online friend is someone who.. (Primary aged pupils – a 60 second film)
- A better internet is up to us! (Secondary aged pupils – a 2 minute film)
- App Traps and Bill Shock: Do you know how much your phone is costing you? (Secondary aged pupils – 2 mins long)
The third category is new for this year! Childnet have joined forces with PhonepayPlus, offering a new PhoneBrain category within the annual Childnet Film Competition. Aimed at 11-18 year olds the category invites young people to create a 2 minute film to inform people about ways you can use your phone to pay for and use services safely without running up high bills. Watch Childnet’s film to find out more about this category.
Childnet’s judging panel will be looking out for films which are the most creative, are closest to the theme and have a clear message. These film-makers will be invited to a private screening at London’s BFI where they will be awarded great prizes for their creative achievements!
The prizes on offer this year are bigger than ever before, including the chance to win loads of brand new filming equipment including a Canon DSLR camera.
- Competition Closes Friday 12th June 2015 at 5pm
- Finalists Notified Friday 19th June 2015
- Screening and Finalist Event at the BFI Monday 13th July 2015
Find out more www.childnet.com/film-competition